The toilets, a place of passage that we all know without exception ^^ Some prefer them dry and others deodorized with products with a toxic composition. Everything is not white or black, there is of course an in-between. That's why I'm going to explain to you how to move towards clean and Zero Waste toilets thanks to a few tips and a recipe for homemade toilet cleaner... It's over here!
Make a toilet cleaner with black soap and vinegar
The idea is to use healthy and natural products in order to permanently abandon green gels or blue pellets stuffed with harmful products. Besides, did you know that the dyes added to these products are only used to distinguish whether we have put the product on all the walls? Toxic products for nothing! T he toilets, used several times a day by all people, must be a green place that does not pollute the planet.
For this, 2 options are available to us: buy completely organic products but between us the price paid for the use made of them is clearly not advantageous or make your own toilet cleaning product in a few seconds.
UTENSILS FOR PREPARING HOME-MADE TOILET CLEANER
- A salad bowl
- A vaporizer
INGREDIENTS TO PREPARE THE HOME TOILET CLEANER
- 300ml white vinegar
- 150ml hot water
- 1 tablespoon liquid black soap or 1 teaspoon soft black soap (more concentrated)
STEP BY STEP TO PREPARE HOME TOILET CLEANER
Boil the water then mix the ingredients in a bowl without the essential oils. Wait for the mixture to cool then add the essential oils. Pour the preparation into the vaporizer using a funnel.
In the recipe the water is heated to allow a better dissolution of the black soap. Choose a quality organic black soap with a high rate of potassium soap (15 to 30%).
The use of essential oils is optional because the different components of the recipe make it possible to have a cleanser with very effective active ingredients.
To have a lemon smell without using essential oils you can use infused vinegar (recipe here ).
The cleaning spray can be stored away from heat and humidity without an expiry date. Shake before each use.
How to use homemade toilet cleaner?
Regarding the use:
- Daily: Spray the product and brush using clean water from the bottom of the toilet.
- Weekly: Spray the product on all the interior walls of the toilets and the bowl. Leave on for 15 minutes and then brush. Pour in recuperated water (heating water for example) to avoid flushing the toilet. Otherwise flush it.
Be aware that this cleaner is not just for toilets! It can be used throughout your bathroom.
BENEFITS OF HOME TOILET CLEANER
The combination of white vinegar and black soap provides a powerful cleaner, anti-limestone and disinfectant. No fear of yellowing or traces of limestone. Thanks to the thick texture of the black soap, the product clings to the walls of the toilets. It is not necessary to add corn starch as in the many recipes offered on the net to thicken the preparation. We therefore get rid of a step of heating the product in the pan^^. Tea tree essential oil is disinfectant. The lemon one gives a very good smell.
Here is a natural, economical and ecological toilet cleaner.
HUMMINGBIRD TIPS FOR ZERO WASTE TOILETS
- Opt for a hand shower: Avoid the use of toilet paper. These require a lot of water to manufacture and hygiene leaves something to be desired. Nothing is more Zero Waste and clean than washing with water. A little drying with a washable square.
- Save flushes: Place a bottle of water or a brick in the cistern to decrease the water consumption of a flush. Use recuperated water or heating water, you know the cold water that flows while waiting for hot water.
To your food my hummingbirds ;)
Coucou, combien de gouttes de tea tree pour cette recette ? Merci beaucoup pour tout vos tips
Salem merci pour tous les astuces par quoi en remplacer le savon noir svp merci
Merci pour ta recette 😀